Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Arm Exercises For Men - Why Less Is More

Think you have to exercise all day long to get the arms you want?    Well I've got news for you guys.....you don't have to and more importantly it is very counterproductive to spend too much exercising your arms or any other body part for that matter.  Arm exercises for men is all about quality and definitely not quantity.
 
Why? 
 
Well I'm glad you asked....the main reason is that the arms are a smaller muscle and really don't need that much exercise to stimulate a growth spurt.  I myself have had much better results by limiting my sets to 4 maximum and using the rest-pause technique I highly recommend.
 
But I thought I had to do 12-15 exercises for my arms each workout like all the magazines and gurus tell me?!?
 
Well if that's what you've been told and if you are having results using that type of workout more power to you, but my guess is that you aren't getting the results you want and are reading this article because of that.  I myself did the 12-15 sets for years, but when I finally cut down the amount of sets to a very few concentrated 3-4, guess what happened?
 
My arms not only looked better but they got way more muscle!  
 
Now I'm not a big fan of this overtraining concept you hear so much about but I do believe that when training your arms it's very EASY to overdue it, mostly again because of the arms being small muscles in relation to the total overall body. I remember when I used to partake in the 6 day weekly training regimen and every single time after about 3 weeks I got desperately tired to the point I didn't want to touch a weight.  Who has time for this type of workout anyway? 
 
Get yourself a hobby, meet a girl, develop a new skill or business or just enjoy life.  Being a gym rat is never a good idea and if you have any type of career or family obligations this type of workout will never be beneficial for your lifestyle and like I said is counterproductive to your goals.  It's always better to be on the side of undertraining than overtraining when it comes to weight training.
 
Cardio on the other hand is a different story as I try to do as much as possible since it does not have the same overtraining effect of weight training on the body's nervous system.
 
Well guys I hope I offended everyone the truth of the matter is that "less is more" when it comes to exercising your arms or any other body part, arms again in particular because of the small muscle area. Also its important to point that we who are natural fitness trainers need extra recovery time than the bodybuilding group who are shall we say using "supplements" to aid in their recovery. 
 
Train Smart,
 
- Arm Exercises For Men

No comments:

Post a Comment